Discover the most important moments in the history of Pronaca and how we have been pioneering in our industry for more than 60 years.
- Diversification of other foods starts with the creation of Comestibles Nacionales C.A., COMNACA, which produces jams under the GUSTADINA Brand.
- INAEXPO is created for the production of hearts of palm. Currently this is the biggest export company of this product around the world.
- PRONACA starts breeding pork.
- Operations in Bucay start with breeding farms, incubators and a poultry processing plant.
“San Luis Foundation” is created with the purpose of offering quality education to the rural areas of Bucay and Valle Hermoso and offer nutritional feeding to people from vulnerable areas in Ecuador through social action institutions.
PRONACA becomes Procesadora Nacional de Alimentos C.A.
- Sale of packaged rice starts under the GUSTADINA brand.
- The hearts of palm business expands with production and sale in Brazil. INACERES is created (joint venture of INAEXPO with the Brazilian Company, AGROCERES).
- PRONACA builds an industrial complex in Duran, Guayas where its third plant for balanced feed and a rice processing facility are located.
- Artichoke cultivation begins, replicating the export model used for hearts of palm.
- International sale and production of MR. COOK products begin, with production and sale in Colombia.
We celebrate our 50th anniversary and consolidate our purpose: “Feed people well, generating development within the farming sector”
PRONACA opens a New Distribution Center in the city of Guayaquil
“San Luis Foundation” receives the support of Pronaca, increasing its food aid service, reaching more people in vulnerable situations across the country.
- “Corporacion Multi Inversiones” and the Bakker family sign a contract for the purchase of the stock package of a group of investors of the company. Pronaca together with CMI maintain the corporate philosophy, a future vision and trust in Ecuador.
- We reach our 60th anniversary in the country, feeding people well and generating development within the farming sector.